Courtesy Lyle comes good news: Eureka will be back in six months!
Just in case you want some reasons to think bad things about my taste, here’s my list of what I’m interested in enough to keep following this season:
- Studio 60 — I’m not surprised it’s not keeping the high premiere numbers, because it strikes me as an acquired taste with a little room for improvement, but I’m enjoying it more than I ever did West Wing.
CSI: Miami — Purely for cheese factor. We like to make fun of David Caruso’s wooden and predictable acting.
- Boston Legal — I’m replacing Desperate Housewives with this, because it makes me laugh. (Another cool thing about Tivo: if you find yourself picking other things instead of a certain show, then you should rethink whether you really want to watch that show. That’s what happened to me with DH.) BL is so completely over the top, with midgets and sex crimes and lawyers that have absolutely no discretion and should be committed, it’s hilarious.
Gilmore Girls — Although it’s on a very short string, since the creator is no longer with the show.
I used to watch House, but I decided it was too formulaic and repetitive.
- Bones — I liked it a bit more last year, because I’m not thrilled with this year’s new boss and the greater emphasis on the former Angel’s sleeping around, but I’m still enjoying the team camaraderie and the lead’s lack of the finer social graces. Sometimes I’m amazed that (a) they’re showing this gross dead body stuff at 8 PM and (b) no one is yet starting a protest movement, and then I remember that it’s only SEX that we have to protect the kiddies from.
While baseball’s on, I’m filling the gap with guilty secret Dancing with the Stars. It reminds me of when I danced ballroom, plus it gives me something to talk about at work with some of the girls.
- I know I’m a grownup now, because I’m glad that the busy TV nights come right before the weekend, so I have something to watch while I’m relaxing. To My Name Is Earl, Grey’s Anatomy, and CSI (Grissom was better with the beard), we’ve added Ugly Betty.
- Yet another procedural, Numb3rs, and surprisingly good wacky Men in Trees. I love the bartender!
Let’s see, that’s one Fox, one CW (still a silly name), two NBC (my, how they’ve fallen), three near-interchangeable CBS (and I may pick up CSI: NY after the Holly Golightly ep), and five ABC.
And then there are my cable series: Mythbusters, Alton Brown’s Good Eats, and the wonderful new Doctor Who. I wonder why I don’t get more reviewing done!