- Posted by Johanna on January 6, 2007 at 3:32 pm
- Category: Meta
I had big plans for celebrating the seventh anniversary of this site with a contest and such, but since that was last month, I missed it. Just for giggles, then, here’s the self-centered trivia questions I was going to ask readers to answer as an entry:
- Name a well-known outlet for comics journalism to which I have contributed exactly once.
- What comic book character have I appeared as in public?
- Which cranky-pants blogger tried to convince people we were married back in Usenet days?
- What comic book is responsible for me meeting my real husband?
- What band is responsible for us dating?
And the answers, in spoiler white (click and drag over to see):
- Sequential Tart (I interviewed Marc Nathan about the Baltimore Comic-Con for promotional purposes)
Comic Book Galaxy (I contributed one installment of my column “The Spinner Rack” in 2000 before falling out temporarily with founder Alan David Doane)
Comic Buyer’s Guide (I did a Heroes Con report for them, I don’t remember when)
- Shrinking Violet is best known, but I would have also accepted Batgirl (as a kid, this was a Halloween costume); Superman (as an adult, this was a Halloween costume for which I won a prize and mentioned at my previous blog); or Lois Lane (mostly as a joke).
- Mike Chary, Howling Curmudgeon
- The Legion of Super-Heroes. An easy one, if you know his name or have heard me tell the story before.
- The Monkees. When we discovered we had this like in common, we had to get to know each other better.
So how’d you do?