- Posted by Johanna on February 27, 2007 at 8:43 pm
- Category: Comic News
3. The Empowerment Fund is a defunct concept which Friends of Lulu will no longer be pursuing.
4. I have examined the PayPal statements. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Ronee misappropriated any funds. In fact, she donated funds.
5. We offered Fund contributors a refund period.
6. Money was spent ONLY on the Fund’s intended purpose: namely, to defray court costs for Taki Soma.
Later, in the comments, she elaborates:
There is still some money remaining in the fund, and the Board is discussing how to handle the remainder. Shannon has told me that she will be preparing an official FOL statement, but it’s not a high priority at the moment, as there is a mess of (unrelated) clerical work in preparation for annual FOL events that takes priority.
I have sent Ronee Bourgeois a query as to whether she has a public response, but I’m not sure it got through (her contact form threw an error). If anyone has an email address for her, I’d be interested in that (send privately, please).