Viz sent out their monthly newsletter today. Along with the usual book and magazine promotional blurbs, they included lists of their top sellers. Ready for them?
Top 5 Manga
1. Naruto, v.11
2. Naruto, v.12
3. Naruto, v.13
4. Naruto, v.5
5. Naruto, v.6
Top 5 Anime
1. Shonen Jump’s Naruto Uncut DVD Box Set Vol. 1
2. Shonen Jump’s Naruto DVD Vol. 1 – Enter: NARUTO
3. Naruto – DVD – Uncut Box Set, Vol. 2
4. Shonen Jump’s Naruto DVD Vol. 2 – Dangerous Mission
5. Naruto – DVD – The Chunun Exam – Vol. 7
For some reason, that tickled me. Especially since the DVD titles aren’t even consistent.
More seriously, I’m impressed that Viz puts out such a great variety of books when they make so much from only one property.Similar Posts: Shonen Jump Relaunches With Biggest Hitters § Viz Selects Warner Distribution § Manga as Near-Weekly Read: Naruto This Fall § Viz Standardizes Shonen Jump, Shojo Beat Prices at $9.99 § Viz Dominates Graphic Novel Sales