- Posted by Johanna on December 13, 2007 at 7:43 am
- Category: Recipes and Food
Yet another crockpot recipe, but they’re so convenient. I’m making this for our work pot luck — I’m going to put everything in the crockpot, take it to work, and set it up in an empty office. By the time our late lunch gathering rolls around, it’ll be ready.
Mix in a slow cooker the following:
- 1 large onion, chopped (about a cup)
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 can of chicken broth (about 14.5 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper sauce (like Tabasco or Texas Pete)
Add a pound and a half of boneless, skinless chicken thighs with obvious fat removed. (If you can only find boned, see below.) Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.
Take the chicken out, shred it, and put it back into the pot. (If you need to remove bones now, you can.) Add 2 cans of great northern beans, rinsed and drained; 1 can of white shoepeg corn, drained; 3 Tablespoons of lime juice (or juice of one lime); and if you want, 2 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro. Continue cooking on low for 15-20 minutes, just enough to heat up the vegetables.