When I heard that they were giving away Middleman buttons at the San Diego con, I asked my good friend David Oakes if he could pick me up one. He went above and beyond.
Turns out there were eight buttons, and each had a catchphrase:
- the show poster, Fighting Evil So You Don’t Have To!
- the Middleman, That was some fine cow squirt
- Wendy Watson, I save the world in my own way.
- Ida, She’s a slacker!
- Lacey, I’ve got gluten-free bread to make.
- Noser, Only love can conquer hate.
- Blob, Splooorsh!
- Evil Luchadore, Mal en una mascara
But wait! There’s more!
They were also giving away fake Weekly World News flyers and a disc labeled “the official ABC family bootleg” that contains a promo clip and episodes 3 and 7, “The Sino-Mexican Revelation” and “The Cursed Tuba Contingency”. Big thanks to Dave for sharing all this! (But boo to him for keeping the cast-signed poster for himself!)
Don’t forget to enter the Middleman t-shirt contest! It ends Saturday.