- Posted by Johanna on December 21, 2008 at 9:34 am
- Category: Comic News
To promote the Lego Batman videogame, the developer has released an iPhone/iPod Touch mini-game app. Which makes me wonder … just how many iPhones and Touches are out there?
Maybe I’m just jealous, since I don’t have one. But it seems like an expensive way to promote a product. Or perhaps it’s a very smart way to create an additional revenue stream. Plus, if one assumes that the “tastemakers” all have the new, hottest gadgets, then it’ll get more press.
Here’s some press release excerpts:
- An iPhone / iPod Touch application based on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s award-winning and best-selling videogame title LEGO Batman
- Features 16 fun mini games that will take fans deep within the heart of Wayne Manor
- Developed by TT Games, the same studio behind the critically-acclaimed console title
- Available now from the iTunes App Store for $5.99 (a limited time holiday price)
Once players master the game to become a True Hero or True Villain, they unlock bonus content including never before seen artwork, trailers, and wallpapers. The wallpapers can then be saved into the player’s iPhone or iPod Touch picture library and used to identify callers or to spruce up the background of their phone.