- Posted by Johanna on January 13, 2009 at 9:09 pm
- Category: Graphic Novel News
Limited gatefold cover for The Stand: Captain Trips Premiere Hardcover
Marvel has announced that The Stand: Captain Trips Premiere Hardcover
will be released exclusively to direct market retailers on March 10 at a special Stand Advance Release Opening at 9 PM local time. … [The book has] two stunning covers–one by the red-hot Lee Bermejo and a limited edition gatefold cover by [Mike] Perkins. King fans should know that both editions are available only in comic shops across the country, and through online comics and collected editions sellers.
Which leads me to several questions that aren’t answered in this puff PR:
- How many days later will mass market retailers get their version?
- Or maybe they get some other hardcover, without the Premiere name? You know that Marvel isn’t going to pass up the revenue stream of getting a book with Stephen King’s name on it into mainstream stores.
- How worried should direct retailers be about those “online … collected editions sellers”, since that also describes Amazon? (Although I couldn’t find a listing there yet.)
- How, exactly, do you stop Borders or Barnes & Noble from ordering this book through their Diamond accounts?