Warner Brothers has released more details about the next original DC Universe animated feature, Justice League: Doom. (I put the earlier voice casting news up at that link.)
The movie will be released on February 28, 2012. The Blu-ray Combo Pack (list price $24.98) will include these special features, according to the press release:
• Sneak Peak at Superman vs. the Elite, the next DC Universe animated original movie
• Featurette “A Legion of One: The Dwayne McDuffie Story” — The skilled writer penned some of the best stories which consistently entertained fans. From his early writing career to adapting the popular work of All-Star Superman, this is the story of Dwayne McDuffie, as told by his family and friends.
• Featurette “Guarding the Balance: Batman and the JLA” — Everyone has a weakness and so do superheroes, yet when they go rogue, their power can topple more than a few egos, they can shatter worlds. The Justice League is the most powerful organization of superheroes on the planet, but what if the Justice League went rogue, and decided to use their power for harm?
• Mini-featurette “Their Time Has Come: Cyborg and the DC Universe’s New Diversity” — 2011 will go down in DC Comics’ storied history as a year when a rich diversity of characters were re-introduced into the spotlight alongside Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. One of the most celebrated of the re-imagined characters is Cyborg, who became the new Man of Steel in Geoff Johns’ altered universe storyline, Flashpoint.
• Creative team commentary
• Two bonus episodes from the Justice League animated series handpicked by Bruce Timm: “Wild Cards, Part 1 and 2”, written by Stan Berkowitz and Dwayne McDuffie
• Digital comic
There will also be a standard DVD (list price $19.98) edition; no word yet on whether any of these features will also appear there. Both versions will also include a digital copy using the much-maligned UltraViolet system. Typical of these movies, the rating is PG-13.
Regarding the next film after this one, The Elite were an Authority-inspired superteam parody created by Joe Kelly, Doug Mahnke, Lee Bermejo, and Tom Nguyen in Action Comics #775 (March 2001). They then got their own 12-issue miniseries, Justice League Elite, which was reprinted in two collections. (Since they’re now out of print, if this is the same Elite as in the movie, I’d expected an omnibus edition or new printing next year.)
I’ve previously posted the trailer for Justice League: Doom if you’d like to see more.
Similar Posts: Justice League: Doom Pictures and Casting News
§ Justice League: War Launches New Line of Connected OVAs
§ Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths Due in February With New Spectre Short
§ Superman, Justice League Complete Series DVDs Coming in November
§ Justice League: War Extras, Images, and Video Clips