The Muppets will be available on DVD and Blu-ray on March 20, and there are four options to choose from.
The deluxe pack is a three-disk Blu-ray that comes with DVD version, a digital copy on disc, and a card with a code to download all the songs from the movie’s soundtrack ($49.99 list price). The Blu-ray without digital copy or soundtrack is also available ($39.99). Special features include:
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History — We Think)
- A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through featurette showing Jason Segel and the Muppets getting ready for the first day of production
- Disney Intermission — when viewers pause the movie, the Muppets take over the screen
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song — an extended version of Chris Cooper’s rap in which he explains why he hates the Muppets
- Audio commentaries with screenwriter and star Jason Segel, director James Bobin, and screenwriter Nicholas Stoller
The standard DVD comes with soundtrack ($34.99) or without ($29.99). No word on whether any of the special features will be available; likely most will not. The Intermission feature, definitely, sounds like it has to be Blu-ray-specific.
Similar Posts: Muppets Most Wanted DVD Announced
§ New Muppets Movie Trailer Reveals More of Plot
§ Man or Muppet Video
§ Muppet Movie Poster Released
§ The Wolverine on Blu-ray December 3