The two Marvel Anime cartoon series are coming to DVD on April 24 from Marvel Animation and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Each Complete Series is a two-disc set including 12 episodes and bonus features.
The Iron Man Anime features Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) as the voice of Tony Stark, while the X-Men Anime stars Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) as Cyclops. The Iron Man plot revolves around Tony Stark trying to create a new kind of power plant in Japan while mass-producing his armored suits. These are the special features.
- “Re-Imagining Iron Man” explores the plot and themes of the anime series.
- “21st Century Hero: The Technology of Iron Man” introduces fans to Tony Stark’s high-tech suits and gadgets.
- “Cross Talk” roundtable discussion with the creators of the Iron Man and Wolverine anime series.
- “Voicing Tony Stark”, an interview with Japanese actor Keiji Fujiwara.
The X-Men travel to Japan in their series to solve a kidnapping, where they fight the U-Men, who are transplanting mutant organs into their army. Their set has similar special features.
- “Re-Examining The X-Men” takes viewers behind-the-scenes of creating the X-Men’s mutant tales.
- “X-Men: A Team of Outsiders” provides an in-depth exploration of Marvel’s most heroic and infamous mutants.
- “Talk Session” roundtable discussion with the creators of Marvel anime’s X-Men and Blade.