I wasn’t particularly impressed with the Marvel Iron Man and X-Men Anime collections, but apparently, others enjoyed them enough to justify bringing out two more sets.
Marvel Anime: Wolverine and Marvel Anime: Blade are, like the others, each two-disc sets with 12 episodes. They’re due out July 31 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Marvel Animation.
The Blade Anime stars Harold Perrineau (Lost) as the title character, aka Eric Brooks. He’s looking for “revenge on Deacon Frost, the vampire who killed his mother while she was still pregnant with him. With all the powers of a vampire and none of their weaknesses, Blade’s quest leads him throughout Southeast Asia in search of Frost.” Per the press release, the three special featurettes are:
- “The Marvel Anime Universe: Blade Re-Awakened”, which explores the process that went into developing this new take on the vampire-hunter
- “Blade: The Vampire-Slayer”, comparing Marvel’s Blade with traditional vampire stories
- “Special Talk Session: Marvel Anime’s Blade and Wolverine”, an interview with series creators
The Wolverine Anime stars Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes) as the voice of Wolverine. In the show, his love Mariko Yashida is taken back to Japan by her father to be married to one of his fellow crime lords. Wolverine has to save her while navigating “a tangled web of corruption and violence at every turn.”
The three special featurettes are:
- “The Marvel Anime Universe: Wolverine Reborn”, providing insights into the process for creating the series
- “The Ferocious Anti-Hero: Wolverine Defined” explores the hero’s character
- “Wolverine Meets X-Men” contains an interview with the creators of the Marvel anime Wolverine and X-Men
Similar Posts: Marvel Anime Series Come to DVD Next Month
§ Marvel Anime: Iron Man and X-Men
§ Marvel and Sony Announce New Iron Man Anime Movie
§ Marvel Supports Komen for the Cure With Pink Covers in October
§ Next Marvel Motion Comic Wolverine: Origin