- Posted by Johanna on August 27, 2013 at 4:46 pm
- Category: Digital and Webcomics
Marvel Unlimited, the all-you-can-read subscription pass service that doesn’t get as much press now that Marvel is selling digital issues individually through comiXology, is getting a premium version.
If you buy Marvel Unlimited Plus, at $99 a year, you get access to the same 13,000 digital comics but you also get:
- Collectible Plus Member Kit – Age Of Ultron Edition. The kit includes “a limited edition Hasbro Marvel Legends 6” AU Variant Ultron figure, an exclusive variant copy of Age of Ultron #10 with art by superstar artist Salvador Larroca, a collectible Age of Ultron comics box, and a personalized member card!”
- “Access to breaking Marvel news as it goes to major news outlets!” (Why read Newsarama when you can be on the press release list with them?)
- A 15% discount at the Marvel Digital Comics Shop
- A 10% discount at MarvelStore.com
- “Interact with top Marvel talent at exclusive con events with special exclusive merchandise and other surprises.”
Oh, and according to the press release, members also “cement their place as true members of the Marvel Universe, gaining unprecedented entry to their favorite characters, creators, merchandise, and more!” So, you know, a REAL fan would give Marvel more money!
This looks to me like a Marvel version of D23, the Disney fan club where you pay money for the chance to attend events where you can buy more “exclusive” things. Then again, it’s only $30 more than the yearly comic access fee of $69.