The World’s End, the Edgar Wright movie starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, has been announced for Blu-ray and DVD on November 19.
I enjoyed seeing it, and given how detailed the creators usually are in the special features, I’ll be picking it up on home video. Bonus features are planned to be:
- Feature commentary with screenwriters Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg
- Cast commentary with stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Paddy Considine
- Technical commentary with director Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
- Completing the Golden Mile – The Making of The World’s End — While on the surface The World’s End looks like a movie about a bunch of old friends getting drunk on a pub crawl, it’s actually about much more. Look through the eyes of these frequent collaborators at the depth of the themes and the relationships between characters.
- Filling in the Blanks: The Stunts and FX of The World’s End — Cast and crew discuss the prowess of The World’s End stunt and VFX teams. Watch rehearsals of intricate fight scenes choreographed by some of the movies’ best stuntmen. Learn how the VFX team enhances the existing footage to perfect the film’s look and style.
- Hair and makeup tests
- Rehearsal Footage
- Stunt Tapes — Behind-the-scenes of the bathroom fight, the twinbot fight, and the beehive fight
- VFX Breakdown — VFX Supervisor Frazer Churchill compares production footage with final shots to take viewers behind the veil of the outrageous visual effects sequences.
- There’s Only One Gary King – osymyso’s Inibri-8 Megamix — A mash-up of Gary King’s (Pegg) best moments.
- The Man Who Would Be (Gary) King
- Signs & Omens — A film clip montage highlighting all the hidden clues and hints throughout the film.
- Edgar & Simon’s Flip Chart — Writers Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg bring back the trusty flip chart to reveal their step-by-step process of creating the story.
- Deleted Scene, Outtakes, Alternate Edits, and more!
Universal, which normally is relatively equal with special features when releasing Blu-rays and DVDs, has plumped strongly for the Blu-ray this time. The only DVD features are the feature commentary and the making-of.
There’s also going to be an “Ultimate Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy” release that includes The World’s End, Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz, in case you don’t already own the other movies. (And if you haven’t seen them, you should!) It includes interactive screenplays for all three on the Blu-ray version.
Similar Posts: The World’s End (Blu-ray Review)
§ The World’s End
§ The World’s End to Complete Wright / Pegg / Frost Comedy Trilogy
§ Scott Pilgrim on DVD/Blu-ray Before End of Year
§ Scott Pilgrim on DVD Today