The best comic book movie that isn’t based on a comic is coming to Blu-ray on February 18 in another Shout! Factory Collector’s Edition.
Darkman stars Liam Neeson in a Swamp Thing-like story. He’s a scientist working on synthetic skin who’s left for dead after an attack. However, he uses the skin (which degrades in light after 99 minutes, thus the title) to disguise himself and fight to protect his girlfriend (Frances McDormand). It’s a classic superhero story, with a touch of horror movie, directed and co-written by Sam Raimi (the Spider-Man trilogy) with a soundtrack by Danny Elfman.
The Collector’s Edition will have the following special features:
- All-new interviews with Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand
- “My Name Is Durant” – interview with Larry Drake
- “The Face of Revenge” – interview with makeup designer Tony Gardner
- “Henchman Tales” – interviews with actors Danny Hicks and Dan Bell
- “Dark Design” – interview with production designer Randy Ser and art director Philip Dagort
- Commentary with Bill Pope, director of photography
- Vintage “making of” and interview featurettes featuring interviews with Sam Raimi, Liam Neeson, Frances McDormand, and more
- Vintage full-length interviews, not used in the featurettes, with Raimi, Neeson, and McDormand
- Theatrical trailer, TV spots, and still galleries
The first 200 orders from the Shout! Factory site (first link above) will receive an exclusive 18″ x 24″ poster featuring the new cover art.