- Posted by Johanna on February 20, 2014 at 7:13 pm
- Category: Books and Prose
This summer, DK will be publishing Marvel Comics: 75 Years of Cover Art, a poster book featuring “the best cover art in Marvel’s long history”. From now until February 25, fans can vote to select which cover will be featured on the back of the book at DK’s website poll. The choices are
- The Infinity Gauntlet #1 by George Perez (July 1991)
- Avengers Vs X-Men #1 by Jim Cheung (June 2012)
- Hawkeye #1 by David Aja (August 2012)
The age discrepancy is a little odd here — should two of the three choices be only two years old? — and there’s a clear distinction between eye-catching design (Hawkeye) and traditional character-packed showdowns (the other two). So I’m voting for Hawkeye, in part because it’s the only one of those I’ve read but more because it looks forward, not back. (The classic The Infinity Gauntlet is in the lead as I write this, though.) I’m anticipating seeing the book itself this summer, with lots more art pieces and notes on why the various covers were selected.