Amazing Spider-Man 2 Now Available on Digital, DVD Coming August 19
I was surprised when a co-worker mentioned that he was going to finally get to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which like me, he’d missed in the theaters), because I hadn’t realized it was available already from your favorite digital movie source, including Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, Xbox Video, and Sony Entertainment Network. As with so many others these days, the digital copy is available several weeks before the home video version can be bought. Here’s a trailer to remind you of how cool the film looks:
The Blu-ray and DVD editions are due out August 19. Also, right now, Amazon has the 3-D Blu-ray Combo Pack available for the same price as the standard Blu-ray combo, shown here, in case you’d like to try the 3-D version at no extra cost. Or there’s the standard DVD.
According to EW.com, the extra features include four deleted scenes with commentary by director Marc Webb, plus a filmmaker commentary, with nine additional deleted scenes with commentary by Webb, including “Peter Meets His Father”, available only on Blu-ray. Plus, only the Blu-ray has “The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2” with these segments:
- “Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- “Heart of the City: Shooting in New York” — A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- “Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains” — An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin, and Rhino.
- “A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin” — From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- “A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects” — Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- “Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing” — Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.
(Note: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a Sony movie. I work for a different branch of Sony.)