Justice League: Doom Pictures and Casting News
The original DC Animated film for 2012 will be Justice League: Doom, based on JLA: Tower of Babel, written by Mark Waid. That’s the storyline where the Justice League is taken down using Batman’s secret contingency plans to exploit each member’s weaknesses.
The voice casting news for this film is great, bringing back plenty of familiar names and old favorites to play the characters, including:
- Superman: Tim Daly (The Animated Series, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse)
- Green Lantern: Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman)
- Batman: Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series)
- Flash: Michael Rosenbaum (Justice League)
- Wonder Woman: Susan Eisenberg (Superman/Batman: Apocalypse)
New to the group is Cyborg, voiced by Bumper Robinson. In the movie, the Justice League faces off with a number of villains, including the Royal Flush Gang, Vandal Savage (Phil Morris), Star Sapphire (Olivia d’Abo), Mirror Master (Alexis Denisof), Bane (Carlos Alazraqui), Metallo (Paul Blackthorne), and the Cheetah (Claudia Black).
Justice League: Doom is the final script from the much-missed Dwayne McDuffie, who also wrote the All-Star Superman movie. Directing and co-producing is Lauren Montgomery.
The movie trailer will be first aired at the Warner Home Video panel at the New York Comic Con. It will also be included on Batman: Year One, the original DVD coming out later this month.