Justice League vs. Teen Titans Coming This Spring
The next original DC Universe animated movie has been announced as Justice League vs. Teen Titans, which “welcomes the Teen Titans to the ever-expanding canon of classic DC Comics characters”.
As expected from a Titans project, the big bad is Trigon, who’s possessed the Justice League, causing them to fight the younger heroes. Here’s the official plot description:
When Damian’s over-aggressive tendencies almost destroy a Justice League mission, he is sent to learn teamwork by training alongside the Teen Titans. However, adjusting Damian’s attitude turns out to be the least of the Teen Titans’ troubles as Raven’s satanic, world-conquering father Trigon begins an escape from his inter-dimensional prison. To complete his return, Trigon must have Raven’s assistance — and to accomplish his goal, he spreads his demonic forces across the globe, infiltrating the minds and bodies of the Justice League to do his bidding. To save the universe and prevent a literal hell on Earth, the Teen Titans must rescue — or defeat — the Justice League, and intern Trigon for all eternity.
Many of the voices have worked on other DC animated productions, including
- Jason O’Mara as Batman
- Jerry O’Connell as Superman
- Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman
- Shemar Moore as Cyborg
- Christopher Gorham as Flash
- Sean Maher as Nightwing
- Stuart Allan as Robin
New to the characters are Taissa Farmiga as Raven, Jake T. Austin as Blue Beetle, Brandon Soo Hoo as Beast Boy, and Kari Wahlgren as Starfire. Jon Bernthal (most recently promoted as the Punisher on the Netflix Daredevil series) plays the villain Trigon.
The movie will debut on digital HD on March 26, 2016, with the deluxe edition Blu-ray (suggested retail price $29.96), the Blu-ray combo pack ($24.98), and the standard DVD ($19.98) following on April 12. The deluxe edition features a Robin figurine, as shown here:
All the editions contain a sneak peek at the next original DCU movie after this one. The Blu-rays have the following extras:
- A digital HD copy of the movie via UltraViolet
- “Growing Up Titan” featurette spotlighting “the importance of young voices in the DC Comics mythology, giving generations of readers a team of heroes that mirror their own life experiences.”
- “Heroes and Villains – Raven” featurette about the powerful telepath who struggles with being Trigon’s daughter
- “Heroes and Villains – Trigon” featurette about the inter-dimensional immortal demon
- Two classic DC cartoons from the vault
Here’s the trailer: