Smallville: Complete Series Coming to Blu-ray
This might be the excuse I need to finally sit down and watch Smallville. It seemed cheesy at the time, but now that many of the current superhero TV shows have turned dark, it might be fun to see a younger version of Superman (played by Tom Welling). I seem to remember liking Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang and Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, too.
To celebrate the show’s 20th anniversary — and my, how time flies — Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced Smallville: The Complete Series will be out on Blu-ray on October 19.
10 seasons, 218 episodes, 28 hours of bonus features, plus (in the US) digital copies. List price is $179.99 US, $209.99 Canadian, or there’s a complete DVD version for $154.99 ($184.99 Canadian).
The set comes with forty Blu-rays and two DVDs that hold all the bonus features that were on the original season DVD sets. They include:
- The Adventures of Superboy – The original 1961 pilot starring John Rockwell
- A Retrospective Look at the Series’ 10-Year Journey – An in-depth, season-by-season look at the creation of this landmark television series. Highlights include interviews with Tom Welling, Eric Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Phil Morris, John Schneider and many more, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage
- A Decade of Comic-Con featurette
- Paley Festival featurette
- Smallville’s 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone – An extended version of the original featurette included in the Season 5 set
- Secret Origin: The American Story of DC Comics – A feature length documentary chronicling DC’s 75 years of challenges, creativity, and triumph (which I’ve seen, but it didn’t have the “American” in there then)
- Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Gag Reels, Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 10 seasons!
I liked the later seasons more than early ones with the LSH appearances, and Erica Durance’s Lois being big highlights for me
Oh, the LSH shows up? That’s a point in favor!