Sherlock Holmes in Comics
Sherlock Holmes has appeared in numerous English-language comics, graphic novels, and manga over the years. Here are some of them. My focus is on book-format comics, reprint collections, and stories in print, as those are easier for the curious to read. For collectibles, rarities, and those harder to find, see the Back Issues page.
- Classic Stories — comic adaptations of Sherlock Holmes stories written by the original author, Arthur Conan Doyle
- Canon Expansions — new stories featuring the classic version of the Sherlock Holmes character
- Revamps & New Spins — different character takes or settings, often modernized, from the original
- Related Characters — comics and manga with lead characters who aren’t Sherlock Holmes or John Watson, but who are closely related, including Enola, Violet, Sheffield, and Irene Adler
- Back Issues — Older comics most often found as single issues in the collectible market
- Webcomics & Fan Work — Online, webcomic, and fan versions of Sherlock Holmes in comics
There is a chronological listing of all books covered so far, or an alphabetical listing. (The webcomics aren’t included here, as few of them have official release dates or titles.)
This site is an ongoing project, with more titles to be added. Follow @Sherlock_Comics on Twitter for updates.
News! SherlockComics.com was the site of the exclusive cover reveal for both Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia Part Two issue #4 (out November 2022) and issue #2 (out September 2022) from Titan Comics. (And here’s information on #1.)
If you have information to share (additions or corrections welcome!), please message that account or email me, Johanna Draper Carlson.
Logo design by Amy Carani.