The next original DC animated movie will be Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, released on July 30 and now available for order. It’s based on the story in which the Flash wakes up in an alternate universe without his powers. Here’s the description:
When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for Flash and his family, the event’s temporal ripples prove disastrous, creating a fractured, alternate reality where the Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Amidst a new world being ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman’s Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans, Flash must team with a grittier, more violent Batman and government agent Cyborg to restore the continuity of Flash’s original timeline.
Typical of the DC films, the voice cast looks amazing. Barry Allen (Flash) will be Justin Chambers (Grey’s Anatomy), with his co-star Kevin McKidd as Thomas Wayne (Batman, which presumably makes sense to those who read the comic by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert). Nathan Fillion returns as Hal Jordan, with Kevin Conroy as Batman (as it should be). Sam Daly (following in his father Tim’s footsteps) is Superman, Dana Delany is Lois, Cary Elwes is Aquaman, and Ron Perlman is Slade and Deathstroke.
The Blu-ray extras are planned as follows:
- A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology and theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.
- My Favorite Villians! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash’s world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie:. An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.
- From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes
- The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary