Servant x Service Volume 2
Instead of the occasional civil servant workplace jokes we got in the first volume by Karino Takatsu, Servant x Service volume 2 is pretty much all soap opera in four-panel comics. Which is a shame, since I don’t care that much about these characters to enjoy 300 pages of
- will Hasebe successfully ask out the book-obsessed Lucy?
- can they recover the chief, who speaks through a stuffed rabbit, when he’s accidentally mistaken for a toy?
- will Chihaya ever tell her boyfriend’s sister that they’re dating?
- what will the sister do after high school?
- will Chihaya exhaust herself making cosplay outfits for the others?
- will the revelation of who gave Lucy her ridiculously long name affect her at all, really?
- what do the workers do on their days off?
- will Lucy successfully learn to cook to be more feminine?
I found myself turning pages quickly, because once you read the text, the images don’t add much. It’s also a lot more redundant than funny. At least this is the final book (reprinting the digital volumes 3 and 4), so I won’t be tempted to waste time with more. (The publisher provided a review copy.)